This is a special Thanksgiving edition of Doyle’s Half Dozen. The concept of “thanks” or “thanksgiving” is mentioned 102 times in the Old Testament and 72 times in the New Testament.
For this week’s DHD, I wanted to share six of these Bible verses.
Also, check out David Roach’s article on the Pilgrims celebrating Thanksgiving, recanting the attempt of the 1619 project. This is an important report.
- Psalm 69:30—“I will praise God’s name with song and exalt Him with thanksgiving.”
- Col. 3:17—“And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
- Psalm 100:4—“Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.”
- 2 Cor. 4:15—“Indeed, everything is for your benefit so that, as grace extends through more and more people, it may cause thanksgiving to increase to the glory of God.”
- Psalm 107:1—“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever.”
- 1 Thess. 5:18—“Give thanks in everything; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”