As we begin 2021, we have been actively monitoring public health information and the continued impact of COVID-19 in Oklahoma. After careful consideration, the decision was made to cancel all Oklahoma Baptists sponsored events of 50 people or more in the months of January and February of 2021. This was a difficult decision, as it means the Youth Evangelism Conference (YEC) scheduled for Jan. 17-18 is affected.
While feeling saddened about withdrawing our original YEC plans, we sense our current reality provides a unique occasion for Oklahoma Baptists. If we leverage the technology available, we can unite, ignite and unleash teens with the Good News of Jesus like never before.
God is up to something, and we want Oklahoma Baptist teenagers to be at the forefront of His Gospel-advancing movement. So, we are now concentrating our energies on developing an exciting, new experience—YEC Virtual.
Good news, you don’t have to cancel YEC or Disciple Now (DNOW)! YEC Virtual is a FREE and unique training event for teens that delivers excellent training on evangelism and becoming a disciple who can make disciples. We can’t wait to see what God is going to do and pray that you and your teenagers will participate! Also, just because it’s virtual doesn’t mean it’s going to be light. Solid Biblical training and hands-on outreach opportunities will engage students’ faith in genuine and powerful ways.
Do your students need GOSPEL URGENCY? With YEC Virtual we’ll inspire them to understand why it’s important to share the Gospel.
Do your students need GOSPEL FLUENCY? YEC Virtual will give them the information they need to have clarity of what the Gospel actually is.
Do your students need GOSPEL STRATEGY? With YEC Virtual they will learn how to apply what they know about the Gospel and skillfully engage in Gospel conversations.
Do your teens need GOSPEL MOBILIZATION? YEC Virtual will help them ACTIVATE all they’ve learned about evangelism and actually do it NOW. By the end of YEC Virtual, student ministries will have finished a clear action plan with measurable goals to advance the Gospel in their community.
It is our goal to deliver as interactive of an event as possible with YEC Virtual. However, with much unknown about different COVID-19 circumstances, we will plan to accommodate three circumstances:
- Multiple youth groups in a community can partake together, with one or more hosting the training.
- Each youth group attends from their church’s youth room, or possibly small group host homes.
- Each YEC Virtual individual attendee participates from their own home because of restrictions.
What is included?
- Promotional social media images, videos and more
- General session sermon, worship and skit videos
- Breakout videos
- Bible study resources
- General session and breakout note guides
- Speaker bios
- Strategic action plan document and Instructions
- Virtual outreach project and service opportunities ideas
- Missions mobilization portal
- Decision follow-up resources
How do we use this resource?
- DNow Weekend (1-2 days)
- Wednesday Night Series (4-5 weeks)
- Revival (Sunday – Wednesday)—Use YEC Virtual anytime, anyway!
Ready to Learn More? Visit skopos.org/yec to see what is included in the YEC Virtual package, different ways you can use this resource, the registration link and more information.