NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)—The schedule for this year’s Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)annual meeting program was released by the SBC Executive Committee in a special pre-convention issue of SBC LIFE.
TUE. MORNING, JUNE 14
• 8:15 Opening Worship | Julio Arriola, Convention music director; global worship pastor, Cross Church, Northwest Ark.
• 8:25 Welcome and Call to Order | Ronnie Floyd, SBC president; senior pastor, Cross Church, Northwest Ark.
Announcement of Committee on Committees, Credentials Committee, Tellers and Resolutions Committee.
• 8:30 Scripture | David Prince, pastor of preaching and vision, Lexington, Ky., Ashland Ave.
Prayer—Sean Boone, lead pastor, New Beginning Christian Fellowship, St. Louis, Mo.
• 8:35 Registration Report and Constitution of Convention | Jim Wells, SBC registration secretary; Springfield, Mo., Crossway.
• 8:38 Committee on Order of Business Report (First) | Andrew Hebert, chairman; lead pastor, Hobbs, N.M., Taylor Memorial.
• 8:43 Appreciation of St. Louis Volunteers | Floyd.
• 8:45 Welcome to St. Louis | Joe Costephens, pastor, Ferguson, Mo., First; Kenny Petty, church planting strategist, PlantMidwest; senior pastor, The Gate Church, St. Louis.
• 8:50 Response from SBC | Nick Floyd, teaching pastor and staff leader, Cross Church, Northwest Ark.
• 8:55 Crossover Report | Joel Southerland, executive director of evangelism, North American Mission Board (NAMB), Alpharetta, Ga.; Jim Breeden, executive director of missions, St. Louis Metro Association, Bridgeton, Mo.
• 9 Honoring America and Recognition of Veterans | Floyd.
The Pledge of Allegiance.
The National Anthem: “The Star-Spangled Banner”—Cross Church Choir and Singers, Northwest Ark.
• 9:15 Worship | Julio Arriola.
• 9:20 Introduction of Past Presidents | Floyd.
• 9:32 Introduction of the President and Family | O. S. and Susie Hawkins, president and CEO, GuideStone Financial Resources, Dallas, Texas.
• 9:37 Prayer for the President | Tom Elliff, International Mission Board (IMB) president 2011–2014; SBC president 1997–1999.
• 9:40 Worship | Arriola.
• 9:52 President’s Address | Floyd.
• 10:45 Worship | Arriola.
• 10:52 Panel: A National Conversation on Racial Unity in America | Floyd leads a discussion with pastors including: Jerry Young, president, National Baptist Convention, U.S.A.; pastor, Jackson, Miss., New Hope; Marshall Blalock, pastor, Charleston, S.C., First.
• 11:47 Closing Prayer | Byron Day, pastor, Laurel, Md., Emmanuel.
TUE. AFTERNOON, JUNE 14
• 1:15 Opening Worship | Arriola.
• 1:25 Scripture | Jose Abella, lead pastor, Miami, Fla., Providence Rd.
Prayer—Won Kwak, lead pastor, Maranatha Grace Fort Lee, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
• 1:30 Introduction of New Motions (First) | Floyd.
• 1:45 Executive Committee Report (Part 1) | Frank S. Page, president and CEO, SBC Executive Committee, Nashville, Tenn.
• 2:20 Worship | Arriola.
• 2:25 Election of Officers (First) | Floyd.
• 2:35 Committee on Committees Report | William (Willy) Rice, chairman; pastor, Clearwater, Fla., Calvary.
• 2:45 Committee on Nominations Report | Paul Chitwood, chairman; executive director, Kentucky Baptist Convention, Louisville, Ky.
• 2:55 Introduction of New Motions (Last Opportunity) | Floyd.
• 3:10 Election of Officers (Second).
• 3:17 GuideStone Report | O. S. Hawkins.
• 3:25 Executive Committee Report (Part 2) | Page.
• 4:05 Election of Officers (Third).
Election of Officers (Fourth).
• 4:13 Committee on Resolutions Report | Stephen Rummage, chairman; senior pastor, Brandon, Fla. , Bell Shoals.
• 4:43 Committee on Order of Business Report (Second) | Hebert.
Election of 2017 Convention Preacher, Alternate Preacher and Music Director
• 4:48 Election of Officers (Fifth).
• 4:53 Closing Prayer | Anthony L. Jordan, executive director-treasurer, Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma.
TUE. EVENING, JUNE 14
• 6:30 Worship | Cross Church Choir and Singers led by Arriola with special guests Keith and Kristyn Getty.
• 6:45 A National Call to Prayer for Spiritual Leadership, Revived Churches and Nationwide & Global Awakening | Floyd and other pastors
WED. MORNING, JUNE 15
• 8:15 Opening Worship | Arriola.
• 8:25 Scripture | Clint Pressley, senior pastor, Charlotte, N.C., Hickory Grove.
Prayer—Darron Edwards, senior pastor, Kansas City, Mo., United Believers Community.
• 8:30 Committee on Order of Business Report (Third) | Hebert.
• 8:45 The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) Presentation | Russell Moore, president, ERLC, Nashville, Tenn.
• 9 The ERLC Report | Moore.
• 9:08 LifeWay Christian Resources Report | Thom S. Rainer, president and CEO, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tenn.
• 9:16 LifeWay Christian Resources Presentation | Rainer.
• 9:31 Worship | Arriola
• 9:36 Seminary Presentation and Reports | Daniel L. Akin, president, Southeastern Seminary, Wake Forest, N.C.; Charles S. Kelley Jr., president, New Orleans Seminary, New Orleans, La.; Jeff Iorg, president, Golden Gate Seminary, Mill Valley, Calif.; Jason K. Allen, president, Midwestern Seminary, Kansas City, Mo.; Paige Patterson, president, Southwestern Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas; R. Albert Mohler Jr., president, The Southern Seminary, Louisville, Ky.
• 10:24 Prayer for Seminary Leaders | Danny Wood, senior pastor, Birmingham, Ala., Shades Mountain.
• 10:27 Previously Scheduled Business | Floyd.
• 10:39 Worship | Arriola.
• 10:48 Convention Sermon | Ted Traylor, pastor, Pensacola, Fla., Olive.
• 11:23 Worship | Arriola.
• 11:28 Woman’s Missionary Union (WMU) Report | Wanda Lee, executive director/treasurer, WMU, Birmingham, Ala.
• 11:36 NAMB Report | Kevin Ezell, president, NAMB, Alpharetta, Ga.
• 11:44 IMB Report | David Platt, president, IMB, Richmond, Va.
• 11:52 Closing Prayer | Nathan Lorick, director of evangelism, Southern Baptists of Texas Convention, Grapevine, Texas.
WED. AFTERNOON, JUNE 15
• 2:15 Opening Worship | Arriola.
• 2:25 Scripture | Ronnie Parrott, special assistant to the SBC President, Cross Church, Northwest Ark.
Prayer—Claude Thomas, president, C3Global; Keystone Church, Keller, Texas.
• 2:30 Previously Scheduled Business | Floyd.
• 2:35 Presentation of Officers | Page.
• 2:45 Panel: Pastors and The Church in American Politics Today
• 3:10 Worship | Arriola.
• 3:15 Panel Discussion with SBC Entity Presidents and Messenger Questions from the Floor.
• 4:05 Worship | Arriola.
• 4:10 Joint Mission Presentation | Ezell; Platt.
• 5 Grateful for the Present & Looking to the Future: Closing Words and Introduction of the New President | Floyd.
• 5:10 St. Louis Hand-off to Phoenix.
• 5:15 Closing Prayer.