Few would argue that another historic spiritual awakening is the nation’s greatest need. While the Lord commands believers to pray for those who rule over us, the greater focus is always the spiritual condition of the nation. As America enters a most crucial time of decision, it is important God’s people pray and repent as never before. A major election is a critical time for churches to seek God’s face and cry out for His mercy. (1 Tim. 2:1-2)
In the fall of 2012, many churches prayed through Forty Days of Seeking God for Revival and Key Elections. While the book is in no way political, it is a Bible-filled journey of intense prayer and repentance. In July, a revised and improved version will be released in both print and digital For information, see either www.frizzellministries.org or www.masterdesign.org. With or without the book, it is urgent every believer pray for revival and God’s direction on the nation. As a help toward powerful united prayer, consider the following prayers for personal, small group and corporate prayer times.
1. Pray for God’s mercy and grace on the Church, nation and world. Pray that He would stay His righteous judgment and turn millions to Himself in fervent love and deep repentance. (2 Chron. 7:14; Joel 2:12-17; Dan.9:17-19; Isa. 64:1-2)
2. Pray for deep conviction of sin, fervent prayer and revival to sweep Christ’s Church. (2 Chron. 7:14; Joel 2:12-17; Matt. 22:37-39; 2 Cor. 7:10; James 4:8-10)
3. Pray for believers to be much more concerned about the glory of God’s Name and spread of Christ’s Kingdom than economic, political and social comforts. (Matt. 5:10-12, 6:33; James 4:1-3)
4. Pray for believers to fully humble themselves, placing their primary trust in God, not in political parties, economics or governments. (2 Chron. 7:14; Psalm 33:12-22)
5. Pray for believers to willingly embrace hard times or persecution if such are required to bring sweeping revival and awakening. Pray for God’s people to have wisdom to live and pray as a faithful remnant in a day of spiritual darkness. (Matt.5:10-12; James 1:2, 4:1-3)
6. Pray that all believers will do their civic duty by seriously seeking God and turning out to vote in strong numbers. Pray that voter fraud and/or suppression will be exposed and prevented in any party. (Psalm 11:3; Eph. 5:17)
7. Pray for all Americans to recognize the profound, lasting implication of major elections. Pray for voters to have the wisdom to see through political rhetoric and clearly understand truth in either party. (Psalm 11:3; Proverbs 14:34)
8. Pray that God’s Spirit will miraculously over-shadow voting booths across America. Pray that all voters will hear and follow God’s guidance above particular political parties or human reasoning. (Prov. 20:27; Acts 5:29; Rom. 13:11; Eph. 5:15-17)
9. Pray for God to “rend the heavens” in sweeping revival and spiritual awakening. Pray for an explosion of purity and revival in Christ’s Church. Pray for the Church to proclaim Scripture and the full glory of God. Pray for a sweeping evangelistic harvest around the Earth. Pray for Jesus to come quickly. (2 Chron. 7:14; Isa. 64:1; Rev. 22:20).