Details about meals, child care and parking for those wishing to attend the 104th Annual Meeting of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma have been released by organizers.
Duly elected Messengers from BGCO-affiliated churches will gather to hear reports from Convention Teams and affiliate organizations during the meeting, which is also open to other interested Oklahoma Southern Baptists who wish to attend as well.
The 2010 Annual Meeting of the BGCO will be held Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 15–16, at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee. The convention will take place in Potter Auditorium, Raley Chapel, with business sessions scheduled Monday evening and Tuesday morning and afternoon. The meeting will conclude Tuesday evening with an International Mission Board commissioning service.
On Monday, the Pastors’ Conference will meet in Potter Auditorium and the Missions & Ministries Celebration will be held in Yarborough Auditorium, both located in Raley Chapel.
Messenger registration, located in the main lobby of Raley Chapel, will be open Monday, 8:15 a.m.–12 p.m., 1:15–4:30 p.m., and 6–8 p.m.; and Tuesday, 8:30–11:30 a.m., 1:15–4 p.m., and 6:15–7:15 p.m.
Child care will be provided at Shawnee, University, 2515 N. Kickapoo, for children birth through 6th grade. Child care is free, but pre-registration is required by noon on Monday, Nov. 8. Noon and evening meals will be available in the classrooms for $5 each. Reservations for meals are required and payment is due upon arrival. To register for child care and meals, contact Marguerite Guinn at 405/275-1990 or email@example.com. Those bringing children to the church should enter at the north door on the east side of the building.
Mon., Nov. 15
• Missionary Parents—Geiger Center rooms 214-215; contact Teresa Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Missionary Pastors—Mabee Suite in Noble Complex; contact Bo Holland at email@example.com.
• Missionary Appreciation Dinner—Geiger Center rooms 218-220; contact Kelly King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ministers of Education —Geiger Center rooms 214-215; contact Bob Mayfield at email@example.com.
Tue., Nov. 16
Breakfast – 8 a.m.
• New Orleans Seminary —Geiger Center room 213; contact Shane Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Southwestern Seminary —Geiger Center room 214; contact John Forsythe at email@example.com.
• Directors of Missions —Mabee Suite in Noble Complex; contact Bob Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several hotels located in Shawnee and Midwest City are listed below. This is simply for your convenience in arranging lodging and should not be considered an endorsement. Additional information on hotels can be accessed at the following Web Sites: Shawnee, www.visitshawnee.com; Midwest City, www.visitmidwestcity.com; Oklahoma City, www.okccvb.org.
• America’s Best Value Inn, 4900 N. Harrison, 405/275-4404.
• Days Inn, 5107 N. Harrison, 405/275-6720.
• Hampton Inn, 4851 N. Kickapoo, 405/275-1540.
• Holiday Inn Express, 4909 N. Union, 405/275-8880.
• LaQuinta Inn and Suites, 5401 Enterprise Court, 405/275-7930.
• Super 8, 5104 N. Harrison, 405/275-0089.
• Comfort Inn & Suites, 5653 Tinker Diagonal, 405/733-1339.
• Hampton Inn, 1833 Center Drive, 405/732-5500.
• Hawthorn Suites, 5701 Tinker Diagonal, 405/737-7777.
• Holiday Inn Express, 1700 S. Sooner Rd., 405/736-1000.
• LaQuinta Inn, 5501 Tinker Diagonal, 405/672-0067.
• Motel 6, 6166 Tinker Diagonal, 405/737-8637.
The Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center RV Park near the OBU campus is available for those traveling in mobile homes. For information, call the Expo Center Office at 405/275 7020 or 800/762-7695.
Parking and Shuttle Service
Parking for messengers and guests at OBU is available at designated lots on the OBU Map. Additional parking can be found at the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center, 1700 W. Independence St. Shuttles will run to Raley Chapel and the Geiger Center (both labeled “S”) from OBU parking lots marked “P” and from the Shawnee Expo Center.