The Baptist Messenger adheres to the ideals and character of our calling as a Christian news journal that serves our Lord and our Baptist faith. We review all ads for compatibility with our publication and mission. We investigate advertisers to the best of our ability for suitability in keeping with the purpose of the news journal. Due to limited space and our publication’s scope of interest, we will primarily publish church employment openings or services that churches need.
We do not run display or classified ads related to the following:
- Ads promoting the use of alcoholic beverages, pornographic materials, gambling activities, tobacco products, marijuana products and vaping products.
- Ads promoting employment opportunities (except those that are church or convention related), ads for real estate, personal vehicles, garage sales or home furnishings.
- Ads for home care services, including medical, personal and/or housecleaning services.
- Political ads advocating political party preferences or candidates.
- Ads that are in direct competition to the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma (Oklahoma Baptists) or the Southern Baptist Convention for funding and program loyalty.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list, only examples. We reserve the right to refuse publication of any advertisement the staff deems on in the best interest of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma.