DAVIS—More than 700 college students from across Oklahoma gathered at Falls Creek Conference Center, April 14-16, for the annual Falls Creek Spring Retreat (FCSR).
The 2023 FCSR event featured preaching, times of worship, fellowship, breakout sessions and recreation, and each year is held to reach college students and also young people who are college-age with the Gospel.
The keynote speaker for 2023 FCSR was Chip Luter, who serves as senior associate pastor at New Orleans, La., Franklin Avenue, under the leadership of his father, Fred Luter, Jr.
The worship band for the weekend was “So We May.”
Highlights at the 2023 FCSR include:
- Several former Baptist Collegiate Ministry Directors were recognized during the retreat, and Bob Lee (former BCM state director) led a prayer time during the first worship service.
- Dawn Kellner (staff member at Northeastern State University) shared her testimony.
- International students read Scripture during the worship sessions.
- 10 different breakouts took place on topics including: missions, dating, ladies’ self-defense, and more.
- Multiple camp activities were available, as well as tournaments in basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, soccer and disc golf.
“The retreat continues to make a positive impact on college-age young adults as they commit their lives to Christ, follow the call to ministry and missions, and learn how to live on task as a Jesus follower every day,” said Cris Lowery, Oklahoma Baptists collegiate ministries director.
For more information about FCSR or BCM ministry in Oklahoma, visit oklahomabaptists.org/bcm